CORRECTED Invitation to cohousing event Thursday, September 15
From: Lynn Englund (lynnhopework.org)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 13:06:06 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings, Hopework Folk School friends! Once more with corrections!

Some of you know that living in a cohousing community is one of my dreams. I
long for a Common House. Cohousing ideals have influenced a lot of the work
I’ve done over the years, including the design of Philosophy Camp and Hopework
retreats, but I’ve never lived in a cohousing community. Now, I’m stepping-up
to help cohousing communities spring-up in the Twin Cities.

As part of this effort, I am excited to announce that architect Chuck Durrett
will speak on cohousing Thursday, September 15, at First Unitarian Society
of Minneapolis from 7-9 PM. Twin Cities Cohousing Network (TCCN) is sponsoring
the event. Individual tickets are available at Eventbrite:
http://bit.ly/CohoEvent
(donation to TCCN is requested).

Cohousing communities are custom-made, highly interactive neighborhoods where
people know, care about, and support their fellow neighbors. Individual,
privately-owned homes/apartments are located near a Common House and close to
each other, creating a natural flow of interaction. Residents eat together
multiple times a week and often share a large green space. Cohousing
communities provide a fun, safe and healthy environment for children, adults,
and the elderly, with as much privacy as one chooses.

Today, over 160 cohousing communities exist in the U.S. and many more are in
development. Chuck Durrett has designed over 50 of them and has consulted on
many more. Join me in welcoming Chuck on September 15. Learn more about
cohousing and connect with others who share an interest making cohousing a
choice in Minneapolis and St. Paul.

See cohousing links below for more information.

Lynn

Selected cohousing links
• Event ticket: http://bit.ly/CohoEvent
• Event Flyer (PDF):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9aVCWMGOK5FSXBUV3lRcWp6OUE
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9aVCWMGOK5FSXBUV3lRcWp6OUE>
• Twin Cities Cohousing Network (event sponsor): http://twincities.cohousing.org
• Subscribe to Twin Cities Cohousing e-newsletter:
http://cohousing.us13.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=5ca92ce0329ad72e62a6157ef&id=38b2855725

<http://cohousing.us13.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=5ca92ce0329ad72e62a6157ef&id=38b2855725>
• The Cohousing Company - McCamant & Durrett architects:  http://cohousingco.com
• Importance of the Common House:
http://www.cohousingco.com/importance-of-the-common-house/
<http://www.cohousingco.com/importance-of-the-common-house/>
• The Cohousing Association of the United States: http://cohousing.org
• Cohousing, Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cohousing
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cohousing>
• Cohousing in the United States: An Innovative Model of Sustainable
Neighborhoods (April 2, 2016):
http://www.cohousing.org/sites/default/files/attachments/StateofCohousingintheU.S.%204-22-16.pdf

<http://www.cohousing.org/sites/default/files/attachments/StateofCohousingintheU.S.%204-22-16.pdf>