Invitation: Sunday, March 30, Hopework Supper and Circle
From: Lynn Englund (lynnhopework.org)
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 09:02:33 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Hopework friends,

John and I are happy the sun is shining today as we prepare for the Philosophy
Camp fundraising event this evening at St. Frances Cabrini church (separate
forwarded invitation).  Next Sunday, March 30, is our next Hopework circle and
supper. John and I invite you to join us from 4-7 PM to share a simple meal
followed by the pleasure of listening to each others’ stories.

Last month brought new visitors and long-time friends who shared stories
related to the metaphor of what was “melting” in their lives. The stories
brought up deep emotion as we share the ways we we are letting go and loosening
bonds — to identities, to employment and its security, and especially in
grieving the loss of loved ones.

This month’s topic centers on climate change. We are bombarded daily with dire
predictions, warnings, contradictory theories, and urgent calls for action.
This month’s circle prompt asks participants to share ONE aspect related to
climate change grabs you the most. There are any number of topics that might
grab you: Food security? Clean water? Drought/flooding? Reducing fossil fuel
consumption? Changing habits of consumption? We will spend the evening
listening to learn which concerns are most alive for us and why.

Please let me know if you are coming: I have room for about 12 people around
the table (maybe 20 if we move it out of the way). Call or email Lynn or John
by Saturday night (3/29) to let us know how many plan to attend.

Time: Arrive between 4:00 and 4:30 pm. The meal will begin about 4:30 pm. We
usually finish telling stories and cleaning up about 7:00-7:30 pm, depending on
the size of the group.

Menu: Bring food or a favorite beverage if you are able to share. I'll provide
a main dish (usually vegetarian) and will offer coffee and my assortment of
teas.

For those of you who are new to this invitation, Hopework is the practice of
creating opportunities intended for people to get to know and like each other,
and to find renewed hope and purpose with and from each other. Hopework
evenings are a way to reconnect with friends who have shared in our work and
meet new acquaintances who share our interests. Each month we look forward to
greeting Hopework friends, Philosophy Camp/Lives Worth Living alumni and
fellows, and welcoming new friends and acquaintances. Hopework gatherings occur
on the last Sunday of the month from January through April with a different
topic each month.

Email or call 612-710-7287 (Lynn’s cell) to RSVP or ask questions.

Lynn Englund, John Wallace
The Metro Lofts
2650 University Ave West, #315
Saint Paul, MN 55114
Map and directions: http://tiny.cc/FkhvY

Lynn

BUS: Take the 16 or 50 bus to Berry Street. The Metro Lofts is the building
with Snap Fitness and Dunn Bros on the main floor.

PARKING: Park on the streets to the south or west of the building. Parking in
the large lot off University Ave on the east side of the building is marked for
commercial customers only, but is convenient for short-term guest parking.

BUILDING ENTRY: Push "451" on the security box for John to buzz you into the
building, or "300" for Lynn. The elevator is to the right of the lobby. Turn
left on the 3rd floor when you get off; unit 315 is on your left.