Invitation: Hopework Supper and Circle, Sunday, January 26, 4-7 PM
From: Lynn Englund (lynnhopework.org)
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2014 18:35:32 -0800 (PST)
Dear Hopework friends,

I hope your holidays were warm and bright and that the New Year has started
well. I am encouraged by the slightly longer days and buoyed by the beauty of
the recent full moon and sparkles in pristine snow.

John and I invite you to join us for the first Hopework supper and circle of
2014 on Sunday, January 26, from 4-7 PM. We will share a simple meal followed
by the pleasure of listening to each others' stories of what we are adapting to
in the new year. Perhaps you are adapting to a change required to maintain a
new year’s resolution, or are adapting to a change in circumstance, such as the
start of a new semester, or find that you are adapting in some other way in
life.

Please let me know if you are coming: I have room for about 12 people around
the table (maybe 20 if we move it out of the way). Call or email Lynn or John
by Saturday night (1/25) to let us know how many plan to attend.

Time: Arrive between 4:00 and 4:30 pm. The meal will begin about 4:30 pm. We
usually finish telling stories and cleaning up about 7:00-7:30 pm, depending on
the size of the group.

Menu: Bring food or a favorite beverage to share, if you are able to share.
I'll provide a main dish (usually vegetarian) and will offer coffee and my
assortment of teas.

For those of you who are new to this invitation, Hopework is the practice of
creating opportunities intended for people to get to know and like each other,
and to find renewed hope and purpose with and from each other. Hopework
evenings are a way to reconnect with friends who have shared in our work and
meet new acquaintances who share our interests. Each month we look forward to
greeting Hopework friends, Philosophy Camp/Lives Worth Living alumni and
fellows, and welcoming new friends and acquaintances. Hopework gatherings occur
on the last Sunday of the month from January through April with a different
topic each month.

Email or call if you have questions, or to RSVP.

Lynn Englund, John Wallace
The Metro Lofts
2650 University Ave West, #315
Saint Paul, MN 55114
Map and directions: http://tiny.cc/FkhvY

BUS: Take the 16 or 50 bus to Berry Street. The Metro Lofts is the building
with Snap Fitness and Dunn Bros on the main floor.

PARKING: Park on the streets to the south or west of the building. Parking in
the large lot off University Ave on the east side of the building is marked for
commercial customers only, but is convenient for short-term guest parking.

BUILDING ENTRY: Push "451" on the security box for John to buzz you into the
building, or "300" for Lynn. The elevator is to the right of the lobby. Turn
left on the 3rd floor when you get off; we're in unit 315 on your left.

Unsubscribe, archives and other info at: