Invitation: Sunday, Oct. 26 Hopework Supper and Circle, 4-7 PM
From: Lynn Englund (lynnhopework.org)
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2013 20:56:32 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Hopework friends,

My small container garden shared the last of its bounty with me this weekend.
As the leaves shriveled and the plants died back, I have had to admit that the
outdoor growing season has come to its end. Blowing seeds, dried grasses, and
falling leaves also remind me that the harvest season is a time when many
cultures honor the ancestors -- the many generations before us who have passed
on some of what we carry within us and into the future.

John and I invite you to join us this Sunday from 4-7 PM for a simple meal
(bring food or beverage to share) followed by the pleasure of listening to each
others' stories about our ancestors and how we remember and celebrate them.
Perhaps a particular living or deceased relative comes to mind, or perhaps it
is those unknown people, whose lineages and heritages are not clearly known and
who shaped you through more distant generations, that come to mind. If you are
inspired, bring a map, memento, photo, or food enjoyed in the past to share.

Invitation for Sunday, October 27, 4-7 PM

Please let me know you are coming: I have room for about 12 people around the
table (maybe 20 if we move it out of the way). Call or email Lynn or John by
Saturday night (10/26) to let us know how many plan to attend.

Time: Arrive at 4:00 pm. The meal will begin about 4:30 pm. We usually finish
telling stories and cleaning up about 7:00-7:30 pm, depending on the size of
the group.

Menu: Bring food or a favorite beverage to share. I'll provide a main dish
(usually vegetarian) and will make coffee and offer my assortment of teas.

For those of you who are new to this invitation, Hopework is the practice of
creating opportunities intended for people to get to know and like each other,
and to find renewed hope and purpose with and from each other. Hopework
evenings are a way to reconnect with friends who have shared in our work and
meet new acquaintances who share our interests. Each month we look forward to
greeting Hopework friends, Philosophy Camp/Lives Worth Living alumni and
fellows, and welcoming new friends and acquaintances. Hopework gatherings will
occur on the last Sunday of the month from September through April with a
different topic each month.

Email or call if you have questions or to RSVP.

Lynn Englund, John Wallace
The Metro Lofts
2650 University Ave West, #315
Saint Paul, MN 55114
Map and directions: http://tiny.cc/FkhvY

Lynn
651-646-0069 (home)
612-710-7287 (cell)

BUS: Take the 16 or 50 bus to Berry Street. The Metro Lofts is the building
with Snap Fitness and Dunn Bros on the main floor.

PARKING: Park on the streets to the south or west of the building and come up
the back stairs to the main entrance. Parking in the large lot off University
Ave on the west side of the building is marked for commercial customers only,
but is convenient for short-term guest parking.

BUILDING ENTRY: Push "451" on the security box for John to buzz you into the
building, or "300" for Lynn. The elevator is to the right of the lobby. Turn
left on the 3rd floor when you get off; we're in unit 315.