Invitation: First fall Hopework circle and supper Sunday, Sept. 29, 3-7 PM
From: Lynn Englund (lynnhopework.org)
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 21:50:12 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Hopework friends and Philosophy Camp alumni,

There's a feeling of new energy in the air with cool breezes and warm sun. Our
luxuriously long summer days have quickly shortened to a few days of near equal
daylight and darkness. It won't be long before the tables turn and winter's
long nights and short days arrive. As a way to honor the change of the seasons
and the beginning of fall, I invite you to join John and me on this Sunday for
a simple meal (bring food or beverage to share) followed by the pleasure of
listening to each others' stories about the endings, new beginnings, and
transitions in our lives.

Invitation for Sunday, September 29, 4-7 PM

RSVP: I have room for about 12 people around the table (maybe 20 if we move it
out of the way!). Please let John or me know by Saturday night (9/28) how many
plan to attend.

Time: Arrive at 4:00 pm. The meal will begin about 4:30 pm. We usually finish
telling stories and cleaning up about 7:00-7:30 pm, depending on the size of
the group.

Menu: Bring food or a favorite beverage to share. I'll provide a main dish
(usually vegetarian) and will make coffee and offer my assortment of teas.

For those of you who are new to this invitation, Hopework is the practice of
creating opportunities for people to get to know and like each other, and to
find renewed hope and purpose with and from each other. Hopework evenings are a
way to reconnect with friends who have shared in our work and meet new
acquaintances who share our interests. Each month we look forward to greeting
Hopework friends, Philosophy Camp/Lives Worth Living alumni and fellows, and
welcoming new friends and acquaintances.

Hopework gatherings will occur on the last Sunday of the month from September
through April with a different topic each month.
Philosophy Camp alumni, this is the only invitation you will receive to
Hopework events, unless you choose to subscribe to the Hopework announcement
list.
Email or call if you have questions.

Lynn Englund and John Wallace
The Metro Lofts
2650 University Ave West, #315
Saint Paul, MN 55114
Map and directions: http://tiny.cc/FkhvY

Lynn
651-646-0069 (home)
612-710-7287 (cell)

BUS: Take the 16 or 50 bus to "Berry Street" The Metro Lofts is the building
with Snap Fitness and Dunn Bros on the main floor.

PARKING: Park on the streets to the south or west of the building and come up
the back stairs to the main entrance. Parking in the large lot off University
Ave on the west side of the building is marked for commercial customers only,
but short-term guest parking is not an issue.

BUILDING ENTRY: Push "451" on the security box for John to buzz you into the
building, or "300" for Lynn. The elevator is to the right of the lobby. Turn
left on the 3rd floor when you get off; we're in unit 315.