Invitation: Hopework supper and circle Sunday, Sept. 23 4-7 PM
From: Lynn Englund (lynnhopework.org)
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 14:15:05 -0700 (PDT)
John and I are happy to announce the continuation of Hopework Suppers on the
fourth Sunday of the month starting next Sunday, September 23, from 4:00-7:00
PM at our home.

We invite you to join us for a simple shared meal followed by a story circle.
This year's theme is navigating our journey's in the flux of life. As
deliberate and thoughtful people attempting to live good lives with concern for
the web of all existence in which we find are embedded, and in the context of
constant change and flow around us, we rely on a variety of devices to guide
our decisions and actions, recognizing that we often must make decisions "on
the fly" and often with little certainty of the outcome we desire or how they
will affect the moves of others.

Although there are many senses of "flux" in science, technology, and the arts
that I am not familiar with, choosing the words "in the flux of life" to
describe living in the condition of constant motion and change reminded me of
another definition for flux that I am familiar with. When I was a  jeweler (in
what seems a lifetime ago), I painted metals to be soldered together with flux,
a substance that removed oxidation and impurities from the metals I was joining
so that the solder would flow and the joint would be strong. I am captivated by
these two meanings of flux; one of constant movement and flow; the other
referring to the capacity to remove impurities from metals to allow them to
flow. Sometimes I experience something like this clearing of the way in life
and feel that I can move forward easily and with strength.

For the September circle, I invite you come with a story to share about a time
when you took action, or changed an action, or you wished you had been able to
make a change --large or small--to positively alter an outcome for yourself and
the lives of those you touch to smooth the way for life to flow, whatever the
outcome.

September Hopework Supper and Circle