Invitation to 4/22 Hopework supper and circle & report on scholarship fundraiser
From: Lynn Englund (lynnhopework.org)
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 18:30:00 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Hopework Friends,

The April Hopework circle and supper is this Sunday, April 22! With five Sundays in April the fourth one came up very quickly. This will also be the last circle and supper until the fall to allow us to turn our attention to Philosophy Camp 2012, which starts May 21, and other summer activities.

I am pleased to report that the March 31 Philosophy Camp student scholarship fundraiser generated over $3,500 in new funds for this year's students and fellows. Enrollment in Philosophy Camp is very strong with a short wait list for the month-long course (PHIL 4326/5326), and full enrollment in the week-long fellows positions (PHIL 4350/5350) during each of the four weeks. The senior and apprentice instructors are especially grateful for the support shown by Hopework friends and other friends of Philosophy Camp to provide need-based scholarships, which will be soon be awarded to this year's students and fellows.

Please join John and me this Sunday from 4:00-7:30 for our last HOpework supper and circle of the season. Bring a dish to share and stay for the story circle. Our topic continues to be stories of the large or small places where our lives meet the world. Our stories inform us in new ways of what is possible, the "gaps" between how things are and how they could be, the actions that call us to stay inside our hopes, and the shifts of vision that occur as we meet challenges along the way. Our listening nurtures possibilities, and builds connections and friendships, as we celebrate the steps we have taken.

April Hopework Supper and Circle

Date: Sunday, April 22, 2012.

RSVP: Please let us know by Saturday night (4/21) how many plan to
attend. Call or email if you have any questions. I have room for about
12 people around the table (and at least 20 if we move it out of the
way!)

Time: Arrive at 4:00 pm (or at 3:00 pm if you would like to visit and
be on my cooking and setup team). The meal will begin at 4:30 pm. We
usually finish telling stories and cleaning up about 7:30 pm.

Menu: Bring a dish or a favorite beverage to share. I'll provide a
main dish (usually vegetarian) and will make coffee and offer my
assortment of teas.

For those of you who are new, Hopework is the practice of creating
spaces for people to get to know and like each other and to find
renewed hope and purpose with and from each other. Hopework' suppers
and story circle evenings are a way to reconnect with friends who have
shared in our work and to meet new acquaintances who share our
interests. Each month we look forward to greeting Hopework friends,
Philosophy Camp/Lives Worth Living alumni and fellows, and making new
friends and acquaintances.

Lynn Englund and John Wallace
The Metro Lofts
2650 University Ave West, #315
Saint Paul, MN 55114

651-646-0069 (home)
612-710-7287 (cell)

Map and directions: http://tiny.cc/FkhvY

Park on the street to the south of the building and come up the back
stairs, or park in the large lot off of University Ave.

To enter the building, push "451" on the security box for John or "300" for Lynn so we can buzz you
into the building. The elevator is to the right of the lobby. Turn
left on the 3rd floor when you get off; we're in unit 315.

Lynn Englund