Invitation to Hopework Supper, Sunday, Nov. 27
From: Lynn Englund (lynnhopework.org)
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 07:14:47 -0800 (PST)
Dear Hopework Friends,

At this time of Thanksgiving, I want to acknowledge my gratitude for the many relationships that sustain me. I am especially grateful for the love and care that I receive daily from John and my mother, Joanne, in our third floor community of two households. Hopework friends also inspire and sustain me. I am grateful for the opportunity to hear and witness the deep motivating forces, ideals, and experiences shared by those of you who attend Hopework suppers. I am glad you are in the world!

It is a wonder to me that about a dozen people show up at Hopework every month and that there are often new faces and people I haven't seen in a while. Amazing how that seems to just work out. "May the the circle be open but never broken" is a favorite line used by my women's circle. I am grateful for the permeability of Hopework's boundaries-- being open to welcoming new friends and willing to let go of those who leave, always open to their return.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. If you are free, please join John and me this Sunday, from 4:00-7:30 PM, for a simple meal, then a circle to share hopes and possibilities for bringing something new to those large or small places where our lives meet the world. Put voice to what you know is possible, share the "gaps" you observe between how things are and how you would like them to be, the actions that call you to stay inside your hopes, and the shifts of vision that occur as you meet the challenges on your journey. Together we will witness each other's possibilities, nurture connections and friendships, and celebrate the steps we take on our journeys.

November Hopework Supper and Circle