Invitation: Sunday, Nov. 28 Hopework supper and circle
From: Lynn Englund (lynnhopework.org)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 21:14:05 -0800 (PST)
Dear Hopework Friends,

John and I wish you a happy Thanksgiving and invite you to join us for the last Hopework supper and story circle of the fall on Sunday, November 28, from 4:00-7:00 pm. (The next Hopework supper and circle will be Sunday, January 23.)

Last month's dinner and circle on the topic of fall found a dozen of us gathered around the table. Every sense was evoked in the stories shared about the season of fall--from how the experience of our homes change in closing up the house as days and nights cool down, to the smell of the air and the leaves, the start of new hopes and projects with the start of the new school year, the harvest of the gardens and seeds for next year, getting out warmer clothes, and welcoming soups and stews, and changing the clocks.

I asked for suggestions for this month's topic as we closed our circle. A couple of people suggested that as we enter the holiday season, it would be good to reflect on the celebrations, rituals, and traditions with family and friends that mark this time of year. I'm eager to learn about how you celebrate the season and the joys and challenges that come with negotiating seasonal celebrations with family and friends. The prompt will be to share an important time around the celebrations, rituals, or traditions of the holiday season and how you experienced it. Perhaps the story that comes to mind evokes a time that was especially satisfying and held great meaning or joy. Or a time when something about the season let you down, went wrong, or disappointed you. Or a time when you wanted to make a change or resisted a change in a celebration, ritual, or tradition, and how it turned out!