Invitation: Sunday, Oct. 24, Hopework supper and story circle
From: Lynn Englund (lynnhopework.org)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:54:25 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Hopework Friends,

John and I invite you to join us for a Hopework supper and story circle on Sunday, October 24, from 4:00-7:00 pm.

Last month's Hopework supper and circle brought out a record crowd of new and familiar faces. We moved the table out of the way and created a circle of 20 chairs. We balanced plates on our laps during the meal, and then held mugs of coffee and tea as we shared our responses to the images "driven to discover" and "strolling toward understanding." The distinctions around the families of words that were discussed and our relations to them were rich and exciting!

This month's topic is fall. It's such a wonderful season this year! A friend brought me a bag of Honeycrisp apples that we enjoyed fresh, baked in a tart, and sliced with peanut butter. We've had a couple of quarts of fresh apple cider. The leaves have glowed especially beautifully-- or maybe it's just that we've been blessed with so many beautiful clear and sunny fall days! My experience of this fall has drawn me to want to hear your memories of times that express the essence of fall. What favorite memories, traditions, and loved ones surface for you when you think of the season of fall?