Philosophy Camp 2010 openings
From: Lynn Englund (lynnhopework.org)
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 19:35:33 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Hopework friends,

Philosophy Camp 2010 has a few openings that we are eager to fill--as early as possible--in April. Due to tight budgets, we need full enrollment weeks before the course starts on May 24. Please pass this information on to to your friends of any age who may be interested in becoming a student of our extraordinary experiment in living and learning. This is our 9th year!

Phil 4326/5326—Lives Worth Living: Questions of Self, Vocation, and Community
Meets daily off campus at a modern retreat center near Windom, MN,
May 24-June 18
6 credits (undergraduate or graduate)
$2300 all-inclusive fee covers single room and bedding, all meals, supplies, instruction, and university credit.
See http://philosophycamp.org to download required application form.

Phil 4350/5350 Catching Lives Worth Living
Professional development opportunity for adults interested in the instructional methods and design of the course. Meets daily for 7 days, Sunday afternoon - Saturday afternoon. One section offered for each of the 4 weeks of Phil 4326 (May 23-June 19).
2 credits (undergraduate or graduate)
$900 all inclusive fee covers single room and bedding, all meals, supplies, instruction, and university credit. See http://www.philosophycamp.org/4350/ to download required application form.

Students and instructors participate in an inter-generational, experiential, living-learning community (ages 18-80+ years) to dwell in questions and experiences of what it is to live a life worth living. During the course, individuals come alive to multiple modes of learning and self-expression as we interact daily and care for ourselves and each other by making our own meals; creating our own activities, learning, and fun; and sharing stories and conversation as we look forward and back in our lives.

"Non-degree-seeking" student status is available for Interested individuals who are not currently enrolled at a college or university, or those enrolled in an institution other the the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. Course credit will show on a University of Minnesota transcript.

Martha, 2009 student, 2010 apprentice instructor and PCamp student adviser, at pcamp [at] umn.edu

Instructors:
Lynn Englund, engl8813 [at] umn.edu
Nance Longley, longley [at] umn.edu
Peter Shea, shea017 [at] umn.edu