Invitation to Hopework Dinner, Sunday, February 28
From: Lynn Englund (engl8813umn.edu)
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 08:55:51 -0800 (PST)
Dear Hopework friends,

You're invited to February's Hopework dinner and story circle this Sunday from 4-7 pm at my place.

Maybe it's just that it's February and I'm getting over a cold, but I'm particularly aware lately of how much the demands on my time from the multiple parts of my life conflict with my desires (need) for more creative expression, socialization, and play. I am also aware that as I better manage stress, I feel forced to take on more and, thus, continue to maintain a high level of stress (and there seems to be no end to the demands that are imposed). As stress elevates, my motivation to maintain healthy habits decreases, and I slide into other less healthy habits and ways of coping. I do maintain some good health habits, like the Qigong John and I do every morning, and getting adequate sleep, but I'm considering new options to rethink my work and lifestyle choices out of concern for my long-term health. So, that's my motivation for the topic for Sunday's circle. I'll be asking you to share a story of a time when you "took a stand" for health. I look forward to hearing your stories and hope they will provide us all with new ideas for living well and in good health.

Please let John or me know by Saturday night if you plan to attend.

For those of you who are new, Hopework is the practice of creating spaces for people to get to know and like each other and to find renewed hope and purpose with and from each other. John and I host a monthly pot-luck supper as a way to reconnect with friends who have shared in our work and as a way to meet new acquaintances who share our interests. Each month we look forward to greeting new and long-time Hopework <http://www.hopework.org> friends, Philosophy Camp/Lives Worth Living <http://www.philosophycamp.org> alumni and fellows, and other new friends and acquaintances who share our interests. Please join us when you can!