Invitation to Hopework Dinner, Sunday, January 31
From: Lynn Englund (engl8813umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 19:13:11 -0800 (PST)
Dear Hopework friends,

Sorry, somehow I re-sent last month¹s invitation instead of the one I just
finished typing!

Imagine, a Hopework dinner this Sunday! I¹ve been busy at the start of the
semester and haven¹t gotten a message out to you, but I hope by Sunday you
will have settled into the new year, the new semester, or whatever the new
changes are in your life in January 2010 and will come to a potluck dinner
and story circle from 4-7 pm. I look forward to your company! Send a quick
email or call if you plan to come.

Hopework is the practice of creating spaces for people to get to know and
like each other and to find renewed hope and purpose with and from each
other. John and I host a monthly pot-luck supper as a way to reconnect with
friends who have shared in our work and as a way to meet new acquaintances
who share our interests. Each month we look forward to greeting new and
long-time Hopework <http://www.hopework.org> friends, Philosophy Camp
<http://www.philosophycamp.org> /Lives Worth Living alumni and fellows, and
other friends and acquaintances who share our interests. Please join us when
you can!

It's been almost two months since December¹s Hopework supper when new and
old friends and gathered to talk about moon stories. The stories were great!
Nancy Gruver joined us and shared how she started the magazine ³New Moon²
with an advisory team of young girls, including her daughters. Some of the
participants remembered reading the magazine as they were growing up, and
current copies were shared with those who thought girls they work with could
connect. It was a wonderful mix of new and long-time participants and
friends.

The topic for January¹s dinner is ³flow.² My experience of time is becoming
more and more elastic, with chronological time having less and less direct
connection to my experience of the flow of time. Come and share your stories
of how you experience the plasticity of time.