Invitation Hopework supper, Sunday, March 25
From: Lynn Englund (lynnhopework.org)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 04:30:15 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Hopework friends,

Happy Spring! I enjoyed celebrating the vernal equinox with dear friends last Saturday. As part of our ritual we plant small pots of grass, which I now check daily for new green shoots. Join me Sunday to see how my wheat grass has grown in a week's time!

Hopework supper this Sunday, 4 pm. Topic: Community health. Give me a call if are coming. See below for details.

The general topic for this year's Hopework dinners has been health. Last month's topic was financial health. And with money and sex being right at the top of difficult things for people to talk about, maybe it wasn't surprising that we had fewer people around the table. However, the eight of us who gathered shared stories of our own or others responses to a positive or negative change in financial health. The stories that most stuck with me illuminated complex relationships between our financial resources and personal motivation/lack of motivation in life, the role of luck and chance in buying and selling investments and the picture of our financial health at any moment, and how powerfully the possessions we purchase shape our lives while we are paying for them and required to be responsible for them.

Hopework is the name that John and I use for the work we do. Hopework is the practice of creating safe spaces for people to get to know and like each other, and find renewed hope and purpose in life with and from each other. John and I host a pot-luck supper on the last Sunday of each month September-November and January-April as a way to reconnect with friends who have shared in our work and to meet new acquaintances who share our interests. Each month we look forward to greeting new and long-time Hopework friends, Philosophy Camp/Lives Worth Living alumni and fellows, and other friends and acquaintances who share our interests. Please join us when you can!