Invitation: Hopework Supper, Sunday, Feb. 22
From: Lynn Englund (lynnhopework.org)
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 20:00:56 -0800 (PST)
Dear Hopework Friends,

At last month's January 25 Hopework supper, thirteen new and returning friends warmly greeted each other, feed each other, and shared stories of the great and small hopes and possibilities they see, intentions they hold, and actions they take with the health of our nation in mind. The entire evening was a form of nourishment for me. I soaked it up never thinking to make a note of the stories and reflections that were shared. Although I remember a few of the stories and snips of conversations, I have forgotten most of the details; however, the glow that I felt remains.

This month's supper is Sunday! Because I've been extra busy on weekends teaching an online class, John and Alex have volunteered to take on the cooking and are planning to make a vegetarian pot pie. John will have all the ingredients ready for company in the kitchen to help cook and set up! Come between 2 and 4 pm to help.

The plan remains the same: after sharing a simple meal, we'll again hold a circle on the topic of health--this time a story of our response to a shift in financial health--our own or someone else's.