Invitation: First Fall Hopework Supper, Sunday, Sept. 28
From: Lynn Englund (lynnhopework.org)
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 20:26:25 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Hopework and Philosophy Camp 2008 friends,

The last few mornings I have been sitting at my dining room table with my
paper and coffee looking out my windows early enough to see the sun¹s red
glow emerge behind the trees on the horizon due east of me. I watch the
brilliance of its rays pierce the filigree of branches as it rises, until
the whole red ball appears to balance on their crowns. Monday¹s equinox
announces the official start of Fall and reminds us that the luxuriously
long days of summer are over; the hours of daylight and darkness are
balanced now, but we will soon be rapidly moving toward the long, dark
nights of winter.  Last week¹s warm weather was a delightful gift of summer
as we transition into the new season.

The hectic start of the academic year is over, and John and I are eager to
invite you to join us for a new series of Hopework suppers on the last
Sunday of the month from September through November (September 28, October
26, and November 30) and January through April. Usually about a dozen people
gather for a supper to share food and each other¹s good company. Hopework is
the name that John and I give to our work. Hopework is the practice of
creating safe spaces for people to get to know and like each other, and
finding renewed hope and purpose in life with and from each other. John and
I host a pot-luck supper on the last Sunday of most months as a way to
reconnect with friends who have shared in our work and to meet new
acquaintances who share our interests. Each month we look forward to
greeting new and long-time Hopework friends, Philosophy Camp/Lives Worth
Living alumni and fellows, and other friends and acquaintances who share our
interests. Please join us when you can!

The topic of health is on my mind?multiple dimensions of individual and
social health. This year, I would like to explore a series of topics
generally related to health, depending on people¹s interests. I¹ll begin
next Sunday by asking, What dimension or aspect of health is most often on
your mind?