Hopework supper Sunday, March 30
From: Lynn Englund (lynnhopework.org)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 20:26:19 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Hopework friends,

Please join Joanne Englund, John Wallace and me this Sunday from 4-6 pm for
the last Hopework potluck supper of the season! We will take a break
May-August for Philosophy Camp (see http://www.philosophycamp.org) and
summer schedules and will start monthly Hopework suppers again in September.
If you didn¹t get a chance to visit our new location, come take a peek at
our units and assess the moving-in that is still very much in progress.

I look back to the Hopework dinner in September 2007 and am happy to
celebrate the accomplishments that resulted with the encouragement of
stories and conversations on intentional community that were shared at
monthly Hopework suppers! The appreciation I feel for the help and support
that so many people provided during our monumental moves continues to fill
me with amazement and deep gratitude. I am thrilled with the new community
life and possibilities for Hopework that exists in this new location and
living configuration!

Hopework is the practice of creating safe spaces for people to get to know
and like each other, and finding renewed hope and purpose in life with and
from each other. At our last supper of the academic year, I would be
delighted to have 12-20 people gather to share a meal, tell a thoughtful
story from their experience, and listen with appreciation to other¹s
stories. I especially hope to welcome new and long-time Hopework friends,
prospective Philosophy Camp students and fellows, Lives Worth
Living/Philosophy Camp alumni and fellows, Lynn¹s and John¹s students,
interested acquaintances, and new neighbors from our Metro Lofts building!

Here¹s what¹s planned for the Hopework pot-luck supper on Sunday, March 30.
>   * Pot-luck dinner at 4:00 pm (come as early as 3:00 to heat up a dish, or to
> greet and visit with others)
>   * I¹ll provide a vegetarian soup or main dish and water, tea, and coffee
>   * I¹ll prepare a learning circle topic or question and invite you to respond
> with a story from your life or experience
>   * Depending on our numbers, we'll finish our conversations by about 6:30
>   * I appreciate the help of those who can stay to clean up at the end.

Please respond if you will join me. Bring a friend, or pass the invitation
to others who might be interested. Bring food or a favorite beverage to
share. If you need a ride or want to carpool, please put your request on the
list.

Lynn Englund
2650 University Ave West, #315
Saint Paul, MN 55114

651-646-0069 (home)
612-710-7287 (cell)

Map and directions: http://tiny.cc/FkhvY
Park on University Ave. by Dunn Bros., or in the lot along the east side of
the building.
The building entrance is on the east side, just past Dunn Bros.