Help spread the word - we don't want to loose this chance for cohousing at Farmers Market Flats
From: Joelyn Malone (JKMalonecomcast.net)
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 21:19:40 -0800 (PST)
*Cohousing at Farmers Market Flats - time is running short for us to create this new cohousing community in St Paul's Lowertown. *

Cohousing Advocates has been offered a chance to create Cohousing above a new first-floor indoor Farmers' Market, at Wall Street and East Fifth Street in St. Paul - but we need to hear from interested people within the next month (by mid-March 2008) for it to go forward. The cohousing community is slated to occupy the entire Second Floor at this exciting location. Ground was broken for the Farmers Market Flats in September 2007 and units will be ready for move-in by Fall 2008. There will be 11 condo units on the Cohousing floor, and 3 more floors of condos above it (47 total in the building). The Cohousing floor will have a Common House with Great Room, kitchen, and multipurpose guest room/library/TV room or kid's play room. *
*

We need to act quickly now to form a group of interested buyers, as the developer wants to start marketing the floor as regular condos after March 15th if we don't have enough people expressing interest in cohousing. (The units won't be reserved specifically for cohousing after that). Also, the developer needs assurance of cohousing buyers before he is comfortable incurring construction costs for some special cohousing features we've requested - such as the large common deck that will be the community's "outdoor living room". Construction on the deck is planned to begin March 1st, but only if we have 8-9 people willing to make a reservation by then. (We have one so far, with several others thinking seriously about joining the group.)

You can learn more about the project at www.CohousingAdvocates.com, or contact Joelyn Malone at JKMalone [at] comcast.net or 952-926-8554. We're anxious to reach people who might be interested - before this slips through our fingers, so please feel free to forward this announcement!

*Here are several events we've scheduled, where you can learn more about this project:

1. Good for People-Good for the Planet cohousing presentation
Saturday, February 16th, 2:00-3:15 PM
Location: Unity Church-Unitarian, 732 Holly Avenue, St Paul MN (Ames Chapel)
*

*2. Introduction to Cohousing and the Farmers Market Flats project
Tuesday evening, February 26, 7:00-8:15 PM
Location: Mississippi Market Community Room, 622 Selby Avenue, St Paul MN***

* 3. Cohousing Advocates Open Houses*
*Saturday February 23rd, 1:00-3:00 PM
Joelyn Malone's home, 2901 Monterey Avenue S, St Louis Park MN
Call for directions and to RSVP: 952-926-8554*
*
Saturday March 8th, 10:00 AM - Noon
Phil Stevenson's house, 224 West 27th Street, Minneapolis MN
Call 612-871-8196 to RSVP.

*

Thanks for helping us spread the word. If you are interested in cohousing, I'd love to chat with you about your interests. Let me know and suggest a time to talk - it would be lovely to catch up.
Joelyn Malone
952-926-8554