Hopework supper Jan. 27
From: Lynn Englund (engl8813umn.edu)
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:15:52 -0800 (PST)
Dear Hopework friends,

Much has happened since our last Hopework supper, November 24, when those of
us who gathered watched ³Visions of Utopia,²  a film that give us a glimpse
of six very different kinds of intentional communities in the U.S. Moving
forward on the momentum generated by last fall¹s intentional community
conversations, my mother and I signed purchase agreements in December to buy
condominium units two doors apart from each other and only a few blocks east
of where I am now.

Please join me Sunday, January 28, for the final Hopework pot-luck supper at
90 Malcolm Ave. This apartment has been a place of connection and growth for
me. I have many fond memories of food and conversation around the table:
some of the later Hopework weekend retreats at Shalom Hill Farm were schemed
and planned here; the idea of ³Hopework² was born here; and Philosophy
432?Lives Worth Living: Questions of Self, Vocation and Community, now known
as ³Philosophy Camp,² has grown and reinvented itself with a group around
the table every year since 2002.

The theme of the Hopework supper on January 27 will be retelling stories of
how we have connected with each other, what we have created, and what it has
meant to us. I will have on display a special quilt that Jan Hively put
together for us after a long-ago folk school retreat. Please come to share
your stories and other memorabilia!

Hopework pot-luck supper Sunday, January 27.
  * Eat at 4:00 pm; come anytime after 3:00 to warm up a dish and visit
  * I¹ll provide a vegetarian soup or main dish and water, tea, and coffee
  * Celebrate stories of how we connected and what it has meant to us after
dinner
  * Depending on our numbers, we'll finish up about 6-6:30
  * I appreciate the help of those who can stay to clean up at the end.

Let me know if you will join me. Bring food or your favorite
beverage to share. If you need a ride or want to carpool, please put a
request on the list.

I can squeeze 12 around my table and there's room for up to 20 if we spill
over into other areas. I¹ll have a nice adjustable drawing table set up and
a few other items out that need new homes.

A map to my apartment is online at http://tinyurl.com/yqyh98
The 4-unit building is brick with cream colored columns. Please call if you
need better directions.

Lynn

90 Malcolm Ave SE, Apt. 3 (top of the stairs on the right)
Minneapolis, MN  55414

612-331-2263 (apt)