New Year's News
From: Lynn Englund (engl8813umn.edu)
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 10:37:28 -0800 (PST)
Dear Hopework friends,

Happy New Year! I hope your holidays were merry and that you are well.

Hopework¹s fall conversations on intentional community have produced
exciting developments for 2008! After looking at a lot of single- and
multi-family residential properties in a number of neighborhoods and with a
variety of friends, my mother and John and I are happy to be moving into the
Metro Lofts building at 2650 University Ave. W., which is at the westernmost
edge of St. Paul. My mother, Joanne, will be moving into unit 311 and John
and I into unit 315. I¹ve posted photos of the unit between us, #313, to
give you an idea of how our one-bedroom units with large second-story lofts
look (http://www.hopework.org/MetroLoftsPhotos.htm). Closings are scheduled
for January 31 and we¹ll be moving in February!

We see this move as another step in creating the intentional community we
desire. We will continue to look for opportunities to grow our vision and
our work, to include more individuals, and to create common spaces--perhaps
in a new building scheduled to go in next door, or in cooperation with our
new neighbors in the building, or by other creative means. Meanwhile, I will
have a new home with John, and my mother will be next door. We will reduce
our possessions and stay in a convenient location within walking distance of
the University.

As a result of our move, the apartment I¹ve shared with John for the past 5
years will be available starting March 1. If you or your friends are
interested in renting it, please let me know and I¹ll put you in touch with
my landlady.

January 27th¹s  Hopework pot-luck dinner will be at my apartment and will be
a chance for you to take a first look at the things that I will be giving
away. An invitation will follow soon.

Warm wishes for the new year.