Hopework Sunday supper report
From: Lynn Englund (engl8813umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:25:47 -0700 (PDT)
Hopework friends,

I want to provide a quick report on Sunday's Hopework supper and thank
everyone who attended. You created another delightfully warm and friendly
atmosphere in my apartment and brought a great assortment of tastes and
treats from half a dozen countries around the world plus all-time favorites
from home. We squeezed ourselves elbow-to-elbow around the table as we
happily feasted and chatted.

After clean up, John lead a circle question in the spirit of a check-in on
the topic of what has caught our attention and energy in the last few
months. It was good to hear what has engaged people and what ideas and
projects are developing. I mentioned working to develop a new course in the
Department of Curriculum and Instruction as a sister to Philosophy Camp's
Lives Worth Living course, but on the topic of "Family Life Worth Living."
A lively discussion of some of the ways that individuals have reacted to
course grading schemes and assessment criteria helped me to think about how
to navigate this territory in the new course. If my course is approved it
will be offered at Shalom Hill Farm August 1st -18th as CI 5900-Special
topics in Family, Youth, and Community: Family Lives Worth Living (3 cr.)  I
like to think of it bringing a piece of Hopework to the University.

November's Hopework supper will be potluck at my apartment on Nov. 26.

Peace,

Lynn

  • (no other messages in thread)