New Smallscale Minneapolis Farmers Markets
From: Brian Noy (briannoygmail.com)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:19:12 -0700 (PDT)
This summer, the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy has been
working with the City of Minneapolis to develop solutions to food
insecurity, specifically in the Phillips neighborhood. From this work
has come 5 new farmers market sites, connections between these markets
and food shelves, and an emerging food policy task force.

In this email, I invite you to come shop and\or spread the word about
these beautiful new spaces. Below are the times and locations of our
partner markets and a special invitation to our West Bank Market,
featuring some local music this Friday to finish off your work week. I
hope to see you all there and I encourage you to contact me with any
questions and requests to become involved.

Thanks,
Brian Noy

West Bank Market (see more info at the end of message)
Brian Coyle Community Center
Fridays 2-5
420 15th Ave S (over where Riverside meets the LRT)
3 local farmers, 1 community gardener, Northside Coop, and music

Ebenezer Farmers Market
Thursdays 2-4
2 sites, same time - 2523 Portland and 2700 Park
2 vendors per site, local veggies and some imported fruit

Markets working with IATP;

Northside Amandla Market
Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church
3333 N 4th St (across from Cityview School)
2 local farmers, youth selling produce from the school garden)

Hennepin County Medical Center Market
By the main entrance near 6th St and Park Ave
4 local farmers, health info, fruit coming soon

West Bank Farmers Market:

Located at the Bryan Coyle Community Center between the Cedar
Riverside Plaza and adjacent to the LRT line, the new West Bank
Farmers Market brings food to city's most diverse neighborhood. Every
Friday from 2-5, local farmers from the suburbs and even those growing
food right  in the neighborhood, along with North Country Coop arrive
to provide food to the thousands of nearby residents. The market is
one of the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy's small scale
markets to that have been created to provide fresh and healthy food in
areas with poor access.

Please join us Friday, September 1st from 2-5 as we have two special
guests. Jacob McKnite, a local folk musician, entertains us from
3:30-5. See and hear him at http://www.myspace.com/jacobmcknite. Also,
community health workers from Minnesota International Health
Volunteers will have a booth and information to assist us in leading
healthier lives.

--
        Brian Noy

  • (no other messages in thread)