Report on Hopework's Sunday Supper, August 27th
From: Lynn Englund (engl8813umn.edu)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 18:23:31 -0700 (PDT)
Hopework friends,

It is always a pleasure to be with you in the spaces that we create
together. A total of 24 people attended the Hopework supper evening on
Sunday, Aug. 27. It was a nice mix of Hopework friends, Philosophy Camp
alumni, and a few who joined us for the first time, or the first time in a
long time! After supper, two learning circles formed to share stories that
came to mind of a time when hope shifted, either growing brighter and
rising, or fading and diminishing.

Many thanks to Jamie, Sara, GiGi, Janet, and Ann for their willingness to
plan the meal and provide the ingredients for a feast of lentil stew, bread,
potato salad, wild rice, roasted vegetables, oatmeal cookies, and lemonade.
Special thanks to Bryan for providing ASL interpreting, and to all who
participated and contributed by cooking, cleaning up, sharing stories,
making connections, and providing donations to cover the cost of the food
and the space.

Birna, we wish you a safe trip back to Iceland and hope you return Minnesota
in a year and with your daughter!

Our next supper is scheduled for the 4th Sunday in September, the 24th.