Hopework Dinner Invitation Sunday, Aug. 27, 4:00-8:30 pm
From: Lynn Englund (lynnhopework.org)
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 11:54:07 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Folks,

First, a belated report and thank you to the 36 people who attended the
Hopework dinner on July 17! The dinner¹s organizers (GiGi, Birna, Janet,
John, and Lynn), with the talented help of many volunteers, prepared an
extravagant meal (in sweltering 90+ degree heat) that included a vegetable
tray, fruit salad, potato salad, pasta salad, tomato torte, Icelandic fish
balls, chocolate cake, and many other additions! After dinner 3 learning
circles formed to share stories of times of transition from one way of life
to another. The evening created a wonderful mix of Philosophy Camp alums,
Hopework friends, and new guests that we hope will soon become old friends.

Please join us for August¹s Hopework Folk School dinner and learning circle
on Sunday, August 27.

4:00-8:30 p.m. (supper served about 5:30)
St. Frances Cabrini Church, lower level
1500 Franklin Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN  55414

Map available at http://tinyurl.com/m8gnu (click on the red marker for
directions )

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
If you plan to attend, please reply to Lynn (lynn [at] hopework.org)
By Friday, Aug. 25 (in order to plan food amounts)
By Saturday, Aug. 19 (if you can help organize the menu and learning circle
questions).
* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Everyone is welcome. Come to chop and cook, enjoy good food, and participate
in a learning circle as you meet new friends and renew friendships.

Arrive at 4:00 pm if you'd like to join the cooking team. Your organizers
welcome your help in the kitchen preparing a simple vegan/vegetarian meal
and maybe even dessert! After supper (and dishes) we will have a short
learning circle. Bring a beverage, if you'd like. We will be cleaned up and
ready to lock the door behind us by about 8:30 pm.

NEW THIS YEAR: In the spirit of Hopework Folk School, which has been
self-organizing and self-sustaining with participants sharing in event
planning and distributing actual costs according to their means, Folk School
supper participants will be asked for a small donation to defray the costs
of food and the use of the facility (an amount in the range of $3-$5/person
is likely to cover it). Our expenses and donations will be recorded and made
available to participants to help in planning future meals.

A small number of individuals are needed to coordinate with Lynn to plan the
meal, purchase necessary groceries (you will be reimbursed), and consider
learning circle questions. Contact Lynn by Saturday, August 19 if you are
interested in helping to organize the August 27 dinner.

DIRECTIONS: From the Seward neighborhood of Minneapolis, take Franklin Ave.
a few blocks EAST across the Mississippi River headed toward St. Paul. The
church is on your right just before you cross over railroad tracks and I-94.
For more detailed directions call the church at 612-339-3023 & press 2 for
directions or try the map at http://tinyurl.com/m8gnu. Please enter at the
Franklin Ave. church entrance; if you find the door locked, call Lynn and
someone will come upstairs to open it for you.

John Wallace
Nance Longley
Peter Shea
Lynn Englund  (cell: 612-710-7287)

P.S. To receive automatic email announcements from the Hopework list,
subscribe your email address at
http://lists.hopework.org/mailman/listinfo/hopework-l

  • (no other messages in thread)