Invitation to July 16th Hopework supper
From: Lynn Englund (lynnhopework.org)
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 07:32:48 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Hopework Folk School Folks and Philosophy Camp Folks,

Monthly Folk School suppers start again on Sunday July 16! (Yes, it¹s a 3rd
Sunday, but mark your calendars for future suppers on the 4th Sundays of
August through November plus December 17, another 3rd Sunday).

4:00-8:00 p.m. (supper served about 5:30)
St. Frances Cabrini Church, lower level
1500 Franklin Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN  55414

* * * * * * * * * * * * *
If you plan to attend, please reply to Lynn (lynn [at] hopework.org)
at least 2 days in advance in order to plan for food.
* * * * * * * * * * * * *

Please join John, Nance, Peter, and Lynn on Sunday, July 16, for a Hopework
Folk School supper to welcome participants in our recent 4-week Philosophy
Camp (Phil 4326­Lives Worth Living) course into the folk school. We look
forward to introducing our superb students, apprentice instructors, and
residential fellows to you! Our Campers are looking forward to meeting you
and reconnecting with each other.

Everyone is welcome. Come to chop and cook, enjoy good food, and participate
in a learning circle as you meet new friends and renew friendships.

Arrive at 4:00 pm if you'd like to be on the cooking team. Your organizers
welcome your help in the kitchen preparing a simple vegan/vegetarian meal
and maybe even dessert! After supper (and dishes) we will have a short
learning circle. Bring a beverage, if you'd like. We will be cleaned up and
ready to lock the door behind us by about 8:30 pm.

NEW THIS YEAR: In the spirit of Hopework Folk School, which has been
self-organizing and self-sustaining with participants sharing in event
planning and distributing actual costs according to their means, Folk School
supper participants will be asked for a small donation to defray the costs
of food and the use of the facility (an amount in the range of $3-$5/person
is likely to cover it). Our expenses and donations will be recorded and made
available to participants to help in planning future meals.

We also invite a small number of individuals each month to coordinate with
Lynn to plan the meal and purchase necessary groceries. E-mail Lynn if you
are interested in helping with the July 16 dinner.

DIRECTIONS: Take Franklin Ave. east a few blocks across the Mississippi
River headed toward St. Paul. The church is on your right just before you
cross over railroad tracks and I-94. For more detailed directions visit
http://www.cabrinimn.org <http://www.cabrinimn.org> or call the church at
612-339-3023 & press 2 for directions. Use the Franklin Ave. church
entrance; if you find the door locked, call Lynn and someone will come
upstairs to open it for you.

John Wallace
Nance Longley
Peter Shea