Invitation to join discussion group
From: Sara Carpenter (scarpenterHECUA.ORG)
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 16:21:56 -0500
Hello all,

After a series of conversations with other educators struggling to teach
issues of social justice in their classes, I've decided to start a
reflection circle. This circle is a space for anyone working in educational
settings who is struggling with the ins and outs of teaching "difficult"
things such as power, violence, oppression, justice, and hope (among many
other issues).

Our first meeting will be October 17th, 6:30pm at my house. I welcome anyone
who is interested to join us. Please send me an email and let me know if you
would like to come and I can send you directions to my house.

Peace,
Sara
Sara Carpenter
Program Associate- Metro Urban Studies Term
HECUA
Higher Education Consortium for Urban Affairs
2233 University Avenue West
Suite 210
St. Paul, MN 55114

Direct Line: 651/287-3303
Main Line: 651/646-8831
Fax: 651/659-9421
Email: scarpenter [at] hecua.org
Web: http://www.hecua.org

"History says Don't hope/On this side of the grave,/But then once in a
lifetime/The longed-for tidal wave/Of justice can rise up,/And hope and
history rhyme."

Seamus Heaney