April 7 folk school lunch
From: John Wallace (walla003TC.UMN.EDU)
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 07:41:48 -0500
April 5, 2004

To:    Folk School folks

From: John Wallace

Invitation to:  Folk School lunch at John Wallace's office, Wednesday,

April 7, 11:30 to 1:00

The purpose of these weekly lunch meetings is to dig into Gandhi's
saying, "You must be the change you seek in the world."  They are open,
rolling conversations happening throughout this academic year, where
people are free to come when they can, and come at any time between
11:30 and 1:00.

You are welcome to bring a brown bag lunch. Juice and cookies will be
available.

On April 7 we will try out a new format for the conversation (for the
last few weeks we have been watching and discussing videos). This week
we will read out two short texts that present contrasting views on some
dimension of "being the change you seek," and discuss. I am still
choosing the texts for this week. Stay tuned or, better, come and be
surprised.

My office is 868 Heller Hall, on the U of MN West Bank campus.  Close
to Wilson Library and the Humphrey Institute.
April 5, 2004