March 31 folk school lunch
From: John Wallace (walla003TC.UMN.EDU)
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 08:16:42 -0600
March 29, 2004

To:    Folk School folks

From: John Wallace

Invitation to:  Folk School lunch at John Wallace's office, Wednesday,

March 31, 11:30 to 1:00

The purpose of these weekly lunch meetings is to dig into Gandhi's
saying, "You must be the change you seek in the world."  They are open,
rolling conversations happening throughout this academic year, where
people are free to come when they can, and come at any time between
11:30 and 1:00.

        You are welcome to bring a brown bag lunch. Juice and cookies
will be available.

        On March 31 we will watch the second half of the video, "Weapons
of the Spriti," about villagers in southern France during World War II
who used nonviolent methods to protect refugee adults and children from
forces of the Third Reich then occupying their country. The whole video
runs about 90 minutes. We will watch the last about 45minutes of it,
then have conversation about what we have seen.

My office is 868 Heller Hall, on the U of MN West Bank campus.  Close
to Wilson Library and the Humphrey Institute.