Folk school lunch March 24, 2004
From: John Wallace (walla003TC.UMN.EDU)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 16:53:57 -0600
March 21, 2004

To:    Folk School folks

From: John Wallace

Invitation to:  Folk School lunch at John Wallace's office, Wednesday,

March 24, 11:30 to 1:00

        The purpose of these weekly lunch meetings is to dig into
Gandhi's saying, "You must be the change you seek in the world."  They
are open, rolling conversations happening throughout this academic year,
where people are free to come when they can, and come at any time
between 11:30 and 1:00.

        You are welcome to bring a brown bag lunch. Juice and cookies
will be available.

        On March 24 we will watch the first half of the video, "Weapons
of the Spriti," about villagers in southern France during World War II
who used nonviolent methods to protect refugee adults and children from
forces of the Third Reich then occupying their country. The whole video
runs about 90 minutes. We will watch about 45minutes of it, the have
conversation about what we have seen. On March 31 we will watch and
discuss the second half.

        My office is 868 Heller Hall, on the U of MN West Bank campus.
Close to Wilson Library and the Humphrey Institute.