FW: St.Anth.Pk Neighbors for Peace: State Fair Peace Presence
From: Nance Longley (longleyUMN.EDU)
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:01:27 -0600
Here's a "be the change you seek" opportunity for interested folks. Como and
Carter gets a huge amount of traffic during the Fair. The Web site is also a
good resource for local peace activitism.

Nance Longley

----------------------------

HELLO!

The Saint Anthony Park Neighbors for Peace (St Paul, MN) cordially invites
you to visit our lovely neighborhood to create a peace presence for the
State Fair.

The Minnesota State Fair brings thousands of people to the area, especially
on the weekends. Feel free to join us for a quiet and peace evoking presence
in front of the Saint Anthony Park Library, located at 2245 Como Avenue,
Saint Paul, 55108 (Como and Carter intersection). Since this is a
residential area we ask that the presence remain quiet, non-disruptive to
traffic, and epitomize peace.

You are urged to take the bus, ride a bike, or carpool to the area because
parking is tight during the fair. The best time is Saturdays from 11am - 1pm
(August 23 and 30), but Sundays (August 24 and 31) or Labor Day (Monday,
September 1) is fine, too. You can come during the week but the traffic will
be lighter.

There is no formal structure to the peace presence. Please feel free to read
our website to learn about our group at <http://www.parkpeace.org/>.