Re: summer reading group plan
From: Monica G Janzen (janz0028UMN.EDU)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:42:26 CDT
Hello~

Thanks to all who expressed interest in the reading group. I heard from
many people, many who had suggestions about what to read and who had
preferences about days on which they could meet. I have done my best to
construct a schedule that takes into account many of these concerns. But,
unfortunately, I could not construct a schedule that matched everyone's
concerns. For this, I apologize. However, I think this can also be seen as
an opportunity/space for other reading groups to form to read other books
and meet on different days.

We will meet to discuss Gandhi's autobiography or "My experiemnts with
Truth."
The book is written in five parts. I think each time we meet we should
discuss one part(roughly 50-100 pages depending on the size of type).

I propose that anyone who is interested meet on Monday June 23 at
Livingston's Coffe shop (Riverside Ave on West bank of the U) at 7:30 pm.
Please try to read PART ONE of Gandhi's autobiography by this time.

Then, as a group, let's work out a schedule to read the rest of the book.
We'll then post this schedule on the listserv so others who wish to join
for one/ all/ or any other parts of the book may do so.

Please email me if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to
meeting with folks on the 23rd.

Peace~

Mo