Invitation, Sunday, Apr. 27 Hopework Supper and Circle
From: Lynn Englund (lynnhopework.org)
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 20:53:32 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Hopework friends,

Yikes, time is moving too fast! This is the last Hopework supper and circle
until September. My intentions for getting this month’s Hopework invitation to
you before April 20 were not met.

A lot of action has been put into motion with spring’s arrival! Our big news is
that HOPEWORK is now a limited liability company organized in the state of
Minnesota. John and I have more time to do consulting, so it was time to take
Hopework to the next level. We are pleased that Peter Shea and Nance Longley
have partnered with us in this venture. We look forward to offering educational
workshops, retreats, story circles and other offerings in a variety of settings
in the future.

We hope you saw the email announcing our first Hopework LLC conference June
15-20 at Shalom Hill Farm. At a cost of $500 for the week, it will be a nice
retreat for those of you who can afford to get away and are interested in
learning with and from others who attend Telling Our Stories: Collaborative
Practices for Listening and Learning.

It’s so nice to experience spring! Finally!! But, maybe because winter felt so
brutal, it is summer that is on my mind. This month’s Hopework circle and
supper topic centers on a story about summertime. What is it that you most love
or look forward to about summertime? Is it a memory of delicious times past, a
long-standing summer tradition, or a new vision for this summer? Who were
you/will you be with and why? What satisfaction was/is provided?

Please let me know if you can join us this Sunday: I have room for about 12
people around the table (maybe 20 if we move it out of the way). Call or email
Lynn or John by Saturday night (4/26) to let us know how many plan to attend.

Time: Arrive between 4:00 and 4:30 pm. The meal will begin about 4:30 pm. We
usually finish telling stories and cleaning up about 7:00-7:30 pm, depending on
the size of the group.

Menu: Bring food or a favorite beverage if you are able to share. I'll provide
a main dish (usually vegetarian) and will offer coffee and my assortment of
teas.

For those of you who are new to this invitation, Hopework is the practice of
creating opportunities intended for people to get to know and like each other,
and to find renewed hope and purpose with and from each other. Hopework
evenings are a way to reconnect with friends who have shared in our work and
meet new acquaintances who share our interests. Each month we look forward to
greeting Hopework friends, Philosophy Camp/Lives Worth Living alumni and
fellows, and welcoming new friends and acquaintances. Hopework gatherings occur
on the last Sunday of the month from January through April with a different
topic each month.

Email or call 612-710-7287 (Lynn’s cell) to RSVP or ask questions.

Lynn Englund, John Wallace
The Metro Lofts
2650 University Ave West, #315
Saint Paul, MN 55114
Map and directions: http://tiny.cc/FkhvY

Lynn

BUS: Take the 16 or 50 bus to Berry Street. The Metro Lofts is the building
with Snap Fitness and Dunn Bros on the main floor.

PARKING: Park on the streets to the south or west of the building. Parking in
the large lot off University Ave on the east side of the building is marked for
commercial customers only, but is convenient for short-term guest parking.

BUILDING ENTRY: Push "451" on the security box for John to buzz you into the
building, or "300" for Lynn. The elevator is to the right of the lobby. Turn
left on the 3rd floor when you get off; unit 315 is on your left.
  • (no other messages in thread)