Highlander in the Midwest - Luck, WI 5/11-13
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 10:25:50 -0700 (PDT)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 23:53:33 -0500
From: Larry Olds <lolds [at] popednews.org>

Dear Friends and Contacts Around the Twin Cities,

A group of people from the Midwest that attended a Social Change
Workshop in March at the Highlander Center in Tennessee have taken
the initiative to organize a weekend gathering May 12 -14 at
Anathouth Community Farm near Luck Wisconsin (about 90 miles from the
Twin Cities).  Here is their announcement and proposed agenda.

There is space for approximately 10 more people to join the weekend
of dialogue and discussion.  If you are interested in joining us,
please contact Hindolo (Michael) Pokawa, tel. 612 710 1773 or email
mpokawa [at] nonviolentpeaceforce.org

Social Change: A Midwest Presentation of Experiences at the
Highlander Center's Social Change Workshop, and Thinktank for Midwest
Implications

Friday, March 11-Sunday, March 13
Anathoth Community Farm, Luck, WI

Draft Agenda

Friday

7pm- Welcome, house keeping

7:15-8:15 Ice-breakers and energizers (Elizabeth)

8:15-? Snack and fireside gathering (is this possible?)

Saturday

8am Breakfast

9am: Energizer, day overview

9:15-10:30 Introduction to Anathoth (Anathoth folks)
Organization/ Farm history?
Farm Tour?
Current projects?
10:30- 12 noon The Highlander Social Change Workshop Experience
(Hindolo, Elizabeth, Ed, Kim, John Paul, John, etc)
Present slides and walk through what the weekend was like
Highlander reflections
12-1pm Lunch

1-4pm Discussion(s)
-  What are the possibilities for transforming our experience into
our work as a group in the Midwest?
-  What models of popular education are present in the Midwest?
-  What are the needs of the Midwest, and how may we help serve them
through our skills, our allying, and our work?
4-5pm Downtime???

5-6pm Dinner

6-8 Cultural Sharing/ Community Sharing (In addition to bringing
something to share about your culture, bring something(s) to share
about/ representing your community.)

Sunday

8am Breakfast

9-12 Moving on and next steps: Action and planning.

12-1 Lunch
Depart for home!

Larry Olds
3322 15th Ave S