Hopework folk school announcement
From: John Wallace (walla003tc.umn.edu)
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:13:09 -0600
Folk School Friends,

A couple of announcements about the folk school and other news.

First, the Folk School listserv is moving to a list associated with the
Hopework.org web site instead of the University of Minnesota. Fred Olson
has helped us with this change and has volunteered to be our listserv
manager. Thanks, Fred! He will send a message soon with more information
about changes to the list and the Hopework web site.

Second, Peter, Nance, Lynn and I have extended our May term course,
Lives Worth Living, into a 6-week residential folk-school-like
Philosophy Camp! This year's Philosophy Camp integrates two philosophy
courses (Phil 4325 and Phil 4326 - 8 credits total) that we will teach
at Shalom Hill Farm near Windom, Minnesota, from May 23 to June 30.  You
can learn about Philosophy Camp and see some photos from last year's
Lives Worth Living course by going to http://www.philosophycamp.org

The Philosophy Camp site has information about the courses we're
teaching and registration forms for prospective students, so please
forward information about it to anyone you know who might be interested.
Because Philosophy Camp is offered during summer school, anyone over 18
can apply to register for credit, whether they're in a college degree
program or not. All students will pay resident tuition rates, even if
they are from out of state.

We will be be updating our Philosophy Camp site regularly during the
6-weeks of the course with photos and blogs, so check frequently May
23-June 30 to learn about what we're doing and how it is going.

Finally, Nance, Peter, and Lynn have been busy working to complete their
degrees. Nance graduated with her masters in Liberal Studies in December
and Lynn and Peter should finish their PhDs in May!

John and Lynn and Nance and Peter

  • (no other messages in thread)