The folk school list serve
From: John Wallace (walla003TC.UMN.EDU)
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 07:11:43 -0500
July 18, 2003

Dear Friends,

This note is from John Wallace.  I manage the list serve for what is now
known as Hopework Folk School (see http://www.hopework.org for more
information about it).  The address of the list serve for the folk school is
community_learning [at] lists.umn.edu or--the older address which still works as
well--community_learning [at] tc.umn.edu.

Recently there there have been a number of messages to this list asking to
be removed from the list serve for the Gandhi reading group that Monica
Janzen has started and lead this summer.  I know that some who have made
this request do not want to be removed from the folk school list serve--and
since there is just one list serve involved here, there is need for
clarification.

Anyone who would like to be removed from the folk school list serve, please
send me an email at walla003 [at] tc.umn.edu, and I will remove you immediately.

Let me say a word about what may be the source of the confusion. The core
purpose of the folk school list serve is to distribute invitations to folk
school events.  People ask to get on the list because they are interested in
knowing about these events.  Once on, they are free to send messages to
it--there is no screening or editing on my part.  This open access to the
list is totally intentional, for the list is also intended to serve as a
bulletin board for the wide range of peace and justice activities in which
people interested in the folk school are involved.  The Gandhi reading group
is a perfect example.

Let me say again, if you would like to be removed from the folk school list
serve, please send me an email at walla003 [at] tc.umn.edu, and I will remove
you
immediately.

John Wallace

--